The following rules apply only to registered media. All other meeting attendees are required to adhere to the general Meeting Rules and Regulations.
Registered media are required to wear the media badge at all times when on the premises. All continuing education (CE) sessions and special lectures are open to the media for observation only as long as a course is not sold out. Arrangements for interviews with a CE course speaker must be made in advance. Entry into sessions requires a visible media badge.
Photography, Videotaping, and Audio Recording
Registered media are allowed to:
- Photograph, videotape, or audio record any ADA press conferences or live broadcasts.
- Take photos (non-flash only) and audio record in Dental Central.
- Record video in public areas of the convention center, but only when accompanied by an ADA media relations staff member. Media must receive prior approval and arrange for an escort by contacting ADA Media Relations (email@example.com; 312-440-2598).
Members of the media are prohibited from the following activities:
- Taking flash photos during CE sessions
- Taking photos of PowerPoint/video presentations
- Recording, audio or video, of any CE session without proper consent (this applies to virtual events as well).
- Disclaimer: Photos of copyrighted material reprinted without the prior consent of an author/presenter is strictly prohibited.
There will not be a dedicated press room at SmileCon as badge pickup and press registration will take place at main registration. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are in need of an interview location.
Media interviews are allowed to take place within the confines of an exhibitor's booth, so long as the rules of SmileCon and Dental Central are observed, including the photography policy.
Press Briefing Policies
Press briefings may be scheduled and will be promoted to credentialed media prior to SmileCon. Reporters who are unable to attend briefings will receive an online press kit post-briefing. Electronic or hard copies of presentations provided during press briefings are for background information only and cannot be published or reproduced without written permission from author.
Violation of ADA Policies by Reporters
The American Dental Association reserves the right to bar, from this and future annual meetings, any registered media who attempt to obtain advertising or subscriptions from any exhibitor or registrant, who deliberately promote the marketing objectives of a single company or institution, or who misuse media privileges to engage in activities other than journalistic pursuits.